YES! The monster booting again! :-)

Thus after checking the condition of the capacitors and the rectifying diodes by interchanging the 5v sources under the advice of Curious Marc, a finally swapped Q12 and Q13, find the dead one, replace Q13. Following the advice of Christian I raised both regulated + 5V by taking into account the resistance of the circuit. It was a good advice because in full load, it was missing something like 0.3V.

Finally I was for sure with a machine that would running but not booting.

As I suspected a problem with the OS installed in the core memory and on the Diablo 44 I tried in vain to reinstall this OS (Didos) from tape drive, unsuccessfully. To spice things up ,the machine fall in protection because of an overheating in the power supply G1. I open for the 20th time these two PSU, to find that the fan of G1 is dead, I tried to repair it but the coil is downright grilled. It's good news. I find another fan, I do not have a 115VAC in stock , I solder new wires to feed 220VAC to the "new" fan. Problem solved !

http://www.zeltrax.com/classiccmp_forum/second_boot/00a.jpg
http://www.zeltrax.com/classiccmp_forum/second_boot/00b.jpg

And now let's go to find the problem on the Pertec tape drive side, engine control works, it's like if it reading/receive nothing,  I cleaning the read head again, connectors (read, write, control), I linger on the front buttons and bingo! The lamp of the switch 500/800 BPI stays lit regardless of the real state, thus I was trying to read 800 bpi tape under 500 bpi modewithout knowing. Small but vicious failure.

After that I was able to install from the master tape a new version of this OS, YES ! I reformatted the Diablo disk, I made read tests, writing with various devices, all seems OK!!
I'm happy, this machine comes back from afar ;-)

I have five Entrex terminals but I will already take care of the one currently active, it must be cleaned from top to bottom. The plastic of the hull is yellowed by the years, I think I will not have fun to do retrobright, I will squarely repaint it. The keyboard works well but some touch contacts are a bit recalcitrant. About the printer there is work, I will rather concentrate about the Operating System because here, besides the small happening aesthetic that I allow myself to do now, it is imperative that I find an Operating System, a real OS and even several.

The stuff currently installed is very basic, extremely closed, hyper limited, for my part this OS does not even deserve the name of OS, it is a simple data acquisition software with some abstruse utilities, DIDOS was Developed by Nixdorf for its "own" model 620, a D-116 (17 slots) made up of Digital Computer Control (itself being a clone of Nova 1200). As I describe in other posts, the CPU seems to have been upgraded since it dates from 1978 while some maintenance control stickers date from 1976, another on a multiplexing card for terminals Entrex displays 1974.

I'm going on the idea of ​​finding RDOS for the 16-bit Nova line, but maybe I could install a newer OS (eg AOS for the 16-bit Eclipse)? I also read many pages on which it was also a question of DG-DOS, RTOS, NIROS .... know you others?

In any case one thing is sure: I searched for hours and I did not find anything to make a new op-sys tape to install something else instead of my pathetic Didos. The only downloadable data I found, some RDOS sources for SIMH which emulates the DG NOVA. Do any of you know where I might find these precious data?
Of course I also look for a maximum of programs to install on the monster.

For info I have a VAX 4000-605A with a TU81 + (currently disconnected) but which would allow me to write a tape with data transiting thru my home network. Otherwise I also have a Shugart (KENNEDY) 9612 which can write in 800, 1600, 3200 or 6250 bpi, this tape drive is equipped with a SCSI interface.

<https://computerarchive.org/files/comp/hardware/Shugart%20Kennedy%209-track%209610%20tape%20drives.pdf>https://computerarchive.org/files/comp/hardware/Shugart%20Kennedy%209-track%209610%20tape%20drives.pdf

I have not analyzed if I can connect it directly to a good old Adaptec controller inside a PC, nor with which program I could exploit it.
Besides if you have information about this they are welcome!

And finally,  while waiting for the video, here some pictures of the machine in operation ;-)

<http://www.zeltrax.com/classiccmp_forum/second_boot/01.jpg>http://www.zeltrax.com/classiccmp_forum/second_boot/01.jpg

http://www.zeltrax.com/classiccmp_forum/second_boot/02.jpg

http://www.zeltrax.com/classiccmp_forum/second_boot/03.jpg

http://www.zeltrax.com/classiccmp_forum/second_boot/04.jpg

Dominique

PS: AJ, some pics of the Entrex terminal for you above ;-)