> From: Tim Shoppa

    > IEEE Annals of the History of Computing just published (in past few
    > months) Paul McJones article "In Search of the Original Fortran Compiler".

Congratulations to Paul and everyone who helped in this magnificant effort.

To bad they couldn't find a copy of the original compiler, but they did get a
lot of _really_ good stuff. And it seems like the 'Tome' has gone missing,
too? Sigh...

    > You can read the IEEE-published version at
    > http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/stamp/stamp.jsp?tp=&arnumber=7974703
    > (I don't think you have to be an IEEE member to read this particular one.)

You don't. Excellent item, I highly recommend it to everyone.

        Noel