I suspect that the payment-site is trying to automatically determine your
location in some manner other than actually examining your address-of-record
(the one associated with the payment option that you use).  In IE it insisted
that the shipping fee was due despite the fact that my selected payment option
was a US address; after a bit of experimentation I determined that in Firefox
it did not apply the additional shipping fee for the same payment option.

By default I use Firefox with both NoScript and AdBlock active (in this case I
happened to start in IE and immediately encountered the anomalous behavior).
Perhaps there's some fancy scripting going on that is messing up?

Looking forward to displaying mine proudly :->!   But it (and I) won't be at
VCF Midwest ...