On Fri, Sep 01, 2017 at 02:37:19PM -0500, Eric Christopherson via cctalk wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 1, 2017 at 12:43 PM, Chuck Guzis via cctalk <
> cctalk@classiccmp.org> wrote:

[...]
####> > X-Spam-Checker-Version: SpamAssassin 3.4.1 (2015-04-28) on
mx2.ezwind.net
####> > X-Spam-Flag: YES
####> > X-Spam-Level: ************

> > So, why it was passed and not simply bit-bucketed is a mystery to me.
> >

> > --Chuck
> >

> Strangely, the original message went through Gmail just fine, but your
> reply (Chuck) is flagged as spam.
>
> --
>         Eric Christopherson

Actually, in my mbox the message from Chuck (message id:
<82445620-73b1-af30-2e1d-3317d7aab...@sydex.com>) is tagged as not
spam. What really happened, I think gog has their own spam solution,
and a little bit wonky one, so it interpreted part of Chuck's msgbody
as part of msgheader, because it is/was part of some header and had
been inserted into the body as it was, i.e. without leading space,
hash, bang or anything, which could distinguish it as a not-header
(see above, I have marked those lines with quad hashes, then see the
body of Chuck's message).

Of course other programs were able to understand that once header
ends, the rest is a message body. Maybe they did one sort too many and
thus part of body has got where only header lines were supposed to
go. I smell hashtable packed with lines, or something that similarly
anonymises the origin of text parts.

Hard to believe I spent so much time on writing this, given that it is
going to be lost as offtopic and generally "not our problem" (well,
not mine, but if I ever process email with my own code, this one is
good to remember - some people deliberately insert header lines into
their body).

--
Regards,
Tomasz Rola