Chuck said:
> On 09/28/2017 08:57 PM, Anders Nelson via cctalk wrote:
>> Update: I bought the Kennedy 9800 as it pushed all my buttons at once.
>>
>> Now I'm looking for 8" mag tapes/reels that will fit! Anyone know where I
>> can find these, maybe 3pcs? I could laser-cut some frosted acrylic or
>> machine some frosted polycarbonate I suppose but I'd rather just buy it,
>> plus that would include a dust cover.
>
> Why not just laser-cut down a 10.5" reel?  The hub dimensions are the same.
>
> --Chuck

Or take the reels to a engineering shop and ask them to turn them down on a
lathe,
it should be a very simple job for them. Besides, there are lots of 10.5" dia
tapes
available on eBay, and I'm sure I've seen sellers with 8" tape reels.

On my Kennedy 9000s the rubber O-rings have expanded on all the spindles and a
reel has a lot of trouble being pushed on and removed. I plan to replace them
with
neoprene O-rings of the original size. These are readily available and cheap
from
bearing supplies stores, I'll get a range of close sizes and find the right one.

Steve.