On 10/04/2017 01:45 PM, Fred Cisin via cctalk wrote:

> I don't know why the model number label didn't include the interface,
> number of cylinders and heads, maybe even rotation speed.
>
> And why the manufacturer's bad track list was often a loose piece of
> paper, rather than a stuck on label.

...or a loose piece of paper stuck into a plastic pouch attached to the
drive.   I ran across a CSC mailer from July, 1990 in my pile of
detritus.  It advertises a Maxtor LXT-200A 201MB 3.5" drive for only
$869.  FWIW, the interface (and I'm quoting Martin here) is described as
"AT on drive (IDE)".

--Chuck