On 10/13/17, 3:36 PM, "cctalk on behalf of Jason Howe via cctalk"
<cctalk-boun...@classiccmp.org on behalf of cctalk@classiccmp.org> wrote:

>Hi Camiel,
>
>Is there a solution for Hobbyists to get the VSI 8.4 Alpha release?
>
>Last time I checked/inquired it seemed like there was uncertainty about
>it.  And from what I understand the standard HP Hobbyists License PAKs
>won't be of much use on a VSI system.
>
>Thanks,
>Jason

No, the HP PAKs won¹t work.

There is no formal hobbyist program yet, but if you have a pressing need,
or a good explanation of why you want to run the VSI version, you can
contact VSI and we¹ll look at this on a case-by-case basis (not myself,
but others in the company). You can use the general email address provided
on the Contact page on our website (www.vmssoftware.com)

Kind regards,

Camiel Vanderhoeven
OpenVMS Kernel Engineer

+-+-+-+
+-+-+-+

VMS Software, Inc.
Research & Development Department

http://www.vmssoftware.com

Virtue can only flourish amongst equals.
-- Mary Wollstonecraft, A Vindication of the Rights of Men
               1994 IDSM chapter 37 - Symmetric Multiprocessing