On 12/27/2017 9:35 PM, Randy Dawson via cctalk wrote:
Since I know there's tons of PDP/11 geniuses here, and other gurus
with a NOVA 4, and a Tektronix 4052 guy (I have the 4051):

What have you done, with microprogramming this part?  In your
architecture,  have you changed the microcode, create an instruction
to enhance your machine?

I would be interested in any hardware projects, stories (or even in
the FPGA, I hear its a popular thing to copy);

I read all of Donnamaies pages, and planing to hook up, breadboard
the eval kit, perhaps reproduce the PCB if you guys are interested.

What about the coding tools?  ADASM?  Looks long gone, how do you do
microcode today?

If I forget the soldering iron, can anyone show me an example on a
Xilinx board, ISE, Vivado that uses the original AMD 2900
architecture?

http://www.donnamaie.com/AMD_Vintage/AMD_2900_ED2900A.html

Donnamaie E. White - AMD 2900 Family, Bit-Slice; Am2900
...<http://www.donnamaie.com/AMD_Vintage/AMD_2900_ED2900A.html> www.donnamaie.com Lecture Monograph updated. The AMD 2900 Family
(Am2900) Bit-Slice and other devices were supported by a number of
high-level application notes. (Generated by the AMD ...

The ALU of the DEC KS10 used 10x Am2901s.  An example of that ALU
coded in verilog is at:

https://github.com/KS10FPGA/KS10FPGA/blob/master/fpga/ks10/cpu/alu.v

Rob Doyle