On 05/02/2019 20:59, Chuck Guzis via cctalk wrote:
On 2/5/19 12:19 PM, Jack Harper via cctalk wrote:

I learned that very quickly - If you open the front of the Drive and
swing out the door with the electronics, drive motors etc, it is
definitely heavy enough to tip a rack.

I bolted the destination 19" rack down to the concrete floor with 3/8"
bolts.  It will not, I hope, soon go anywhere.

After struggling years earlier with getting a Fujitsu drive into a rack
by my lonesome, I was determined not to repeat the process. The rack,
VTW, is from an old HP Storage Array, which has a nice anti-tip pullout
on the bottom.

I constructed a dolly for the HP drive that allows me to roll it around
where I need it. It's low enough that it can slip under a table.

Some years ago, Jay recommended a Genie Load Lifter to me (thank you!), and I was fortunate enough to get two of them as "new old stock" for about half price. They're relatively inexpensive and absolutely invaluable. Put a 200lb unit into the top of a full height rack? No problem. Shame I had to leave both behind when I left that employment (especially since they bought a third one but never used it)!

--
Pete
Pete Turnbull