On Tue, Jul 21, 2020 at 08:58:22PM +0100, Antonio Carlini via cctalk wrote:
I can't find the weight in any of my references right now but they are very heavy. Three people can move them up a slight slope with some effort but you would not successfully lift it into a car (assuming that it would fit). I'm planning to dismantle them to move them (i.e. remove PSU/PSUs etc. until they are light enough to move). A tail-lift would probably be the sane way to go (and is, indeed, how they got to their current location.

It was probably youthful stupidity, but I transported an AlphaServer 2100 in my VW Golf 4 back in the day. I also lifted it out myself (luckily it was on castors so just needed to make it out of the car). Sadly the machine later died but I passed it on to a fellow Alpha-owner who stripped it for parts.

Glad you managed to find homes for all three of them.

Cheers, MJ
--
Michael-John Turner * m...@mjturner.net * http://mjturner.net/