On 13/07/2022 07:11, P Gebhardt via cctalk wrote:
> Hello list,
>
> does anybody of you know colour codes or the mixture to obtain the grey paint
> that DEC used for their early H960 cabinet side panels as well as for their
> later cabinet from the 80s and 90s like the H9A10 or H9A15?

Some of the colours are listed in DEC-STD-092
(http://www.bitsavers.org/pdf/dec/standards/EL-00092-00-0_F_Finish_and_Color_Standard_Dec82.pdf)
though it's not immediately obvious which one is the grey for the
cabinet side panels. Even then I think it's tricky to map to something
you can actually buy. MUN is short for Munsell. Not sure about CHM.

The other question is how to reproduce the textured finish of the paint?
This is not something unique to DEC and I've seen it on many products
even up to this day. If I knew what the pattern used on DEC cabinets was
called then I could probably find out how to do it. Possibly "wrinkle
finish"? DEC-STD-092 mentions textured paint but doesn't give any details.

Matt