Ben, I buy lots of stuff from eBay US sellers and most are willing to check/fix
shipping costs.
If not then I use a drop-box service where the item is shipped to Oregon, and
then reshipped to me for a not too horrible cost.

Lastly, I’ll be back at my shop in Burnaby in a couple of days and can check my
inventory of TTL chips - might well have your 74L85, and postage is pretty
cheap within Canada. I’ll try not to hose you too badly on the chip cost!

John :-#)#