That is a shared experience.  The only way to know is to read the user
agreement carefully, then apply the math yourself.  When I've done so, it
has always checked out.  A trust but verify kinda thing.

I regularly check my account ledger as once in a while I'll find a random
charge that makes no sense, and will get it credited.  eBay definitely
makes mistakes.  That being said, they are quick to fix them when brought
to their attention, but I wonder how many people who aren't checking their
accounting are being screwed by spurious charges.

Sellam