On Fri, Oct 21, 2022 at 02:50:49PM -0500, Doc Shipley via cctalk wrote:
> On 10/20/22 20:15, Doug Jackson via cctalk wrote:
> > Sigh...
> >
> > Yet another American seler who doesn't understand how simple overseas
> > shipping is.
>

> Oh, we understand, we really do.  We also get really tired of strangers
> asking us to lie, on paper, to foreign government agencies.

As a foreigner myself: please don't do that. Fill in the forms
correctly and be done with it.

I've seen this a lot with chinese sellers - utterly unasked for, mind you.
Item declared as something _completely_ different, with a declared price
usually in 1..5 USD rangem, even if I paid USD 100+ for it. The one
case where the declared item type came closes to the actual item was
a laser pointer that was declared as a flashlight.

> We understand why that's "necessary".  We understand that customs duties in
> most other countries are insane.  We understand that the chances of getting
> caught twiddling our declaration is minimal, and the odds of prosecution are
> even less.

Still not worth it.

> NONE of that makes taking that risk tenable for a person who hasn't earned
> my trust.

Agreed.

> My main, issue, though, is the response from prospective recipients when I
> say I won't falsify customs forms. It's usually something like "Don't be
> such a wimp."

"Have you tried not being a criminal?" would be an appropriate response.

> That's the behavior that makes me REALLY want not to ship overseas.

Sorry for that trouble, not all are like that.

Kind regards,
          Alex.
 looks like work."                                      -- Thomas A. Edison