On 10/21/2022 4:55 AM, Peter Corlett via cctalk wrote:
On Fri, Oct 21, 2022 at 12:15:02PM +1100, Doug Jackson via cctalk wrote:
[...]
Yet another American seler who doesn't understand how simple overseas
shipping is.
As far as I can tell, the price to ship anything overseas from the USA is
twice the value of the item, plus fifty bucks, plus ten bucks per ounce.
Whether USPS actually charge this much or it's just sellers trying it on, I
neither know nor care.

So I don't bother even looking at American sellers any more.

I ship all the time all over the world, and overseas shipping is a bit pricey, but I don't think it's quite that bad.  I think that's an eBay thing.

I don't use PirateShip (though I am sure they are fine), as I have a business shipping manager I use, that gets me preferred rates like PirateShip.

If you find something you'd like but the seller doesn't do international, feel free to reach out.  I'm not looking to make a business of reshipping, but I started this business to help folks enjoy their classic computing hobby, so I'm happy to help.

As another posting noted, though, requests to modify customs forms is a problem.  The most vocal concerns I've heard are folks who buy outside the US, have t pay customs, and then complain to me that I should have shown the price of the item including customs and VAT and such costs. I agree it'd be nice, but it's untenable at times to pre-figure those fees.

Jim

--

Jim Brain
br...@jbrain.com www.jbrain.com