On 10/23/2022 1:27 PM, Antonio Carlini via cctalk wrote:
I'm working on cleaning up a bit of battery leakage in a MicroVAX 3100 Model 10
and while it's apart I decided to look inside the PSU (an H7822-00).

It's nice and clean inside with no bulging caps. What it does have is an X2
capacitor, as shown here: https://photos.app.goo.gl/dpdqJ3tuGfsRDR3Y6.

It doesn't appear to be damaged and I can't see the word "RIFA" on it anywhere
but I can't see two of the sides because of other components that get in the way.

So does anyone know for sure whether it is a RIFA brand or not, or do I have to
desolder it to be sure?

Thanks

Antonio

It looks like the RIFA caps I've removed from my DEC H7864 P/S. Though mine
were colored more toward the amber you find dead flies fossilized in and had
visible cracks in the case.  The RIFA logo/name was on one side with other
markings on the other side, on the top was only the X2 and the value.

You might have to remove it just to be certain that it is a RIFA, but the top
lettering and the overall look point in that direction.

--
John H. Reinhardt