The performance of the DZ11 is not good.  It did an interrupt for every character, just like a DL11. The Able DMAXes blocked until a carriage return and then did a DNA, IIRC.

Not sure about the DH and DHV11 - its been a long time.  We used Able DMAXes on the Canadian NAPLPS system, named Telidon, but that was back in the 1200/300 baud days!

However for vintage computer purposes, that's probably not a concern.

cheers,

Nigel

Nigel Johnson, MSc., MIEEE, MCSE VE3ID/G4AJQ/VA3MCU
Amateur Radio, the origin of the open-source concept!
Skype:  TILBURY2591

On 2022-10-29 14:37, Tony Duell via cctalk wrote:
On Sat, Oct 29, 2022 at 6:14 PM Bill Degnan via cctalk
<cctalk@classiccmp.org>  wrote:
Being lazy admittedly but can these be used for single serial interfacing?
They will not emulate a DL11 or any similar single serial port.

You don't have to use all 8 ports on the DZ11 card but you still need
the right software driver.

That said,it would be a pity to scrap these. Surely all Unibus cards
are getting hard to find now.

-tony

Bill

On Sat, Oct 29, 2022, 11:01 AM Chris Zach via cctalk<cctalk@classiccmp.org>