On Sun, Oct 30, 2022 at 12:34:29PM -0400, Paul Koning via cctalk wrote:

[...]
> Even if it doesn't reopen, I'd hope that its collection would not
> simply be scrapped.  I imagine a lot of people here would be
> interested in parts of it.  I'm one of them...

If I was a donator, I would now be writing an rather officially
looking letter to let them know, that if they have intention to misuse
my donation then I have intention to have it back.

So they have to stuff this paper into their files and maybe even be
nice to donator.

I have no idea how this seems from the side of the law - is it at all
possible that donator can claim his donation back? If there is a good
reason for this, of course. It was given to the museum, with purpose
to have it exhibited or otherwise used by some group of people. If
museum is being scrapped for good, then this purpose is not going to
be fulfilled, so???...

Or, if museum decided to give it to some artistic movement, which used
it in their performances - say, peeing on olde computer, making it puff
and throw sparks, under the slogans painted on the wall, claiming this
very computer enabled certain pitiful aspects of western civilization
(which I will not name, so as to not have attention of bots).

How is that called in English law-speak, abuse of good faith?

--
Regards,
Tomasz Rola

** Tomasz Rola          mailto:tomasz_r...@bigfoot.com             **