> Is Constant Linear vs Angular Velocity (?) anything I need to worry
 > about when sticking within the IBM PC compatible line from say '90
 > forward?

There aren't that many platforms that used CLV drives.  I don't recall
seeing one in the PC world.  If anyone did, they would have been
specialty stuff.

 > The only other thing that I might add to this would be Zip or Syquest
 > disks if I ever acquire media / drives.

I haven't seen a flux imaging system for Zip/Jaz drives.  MO stuff might
be easier optically.  But those don't tend to have the sorts of issues
where you'd need to flux image anyway -- just a bunch of blocks, and a
dd-type tool ought to work fine.

De