As a reminder, since I’ve seen at least 3 different drives mentioned in this
thread.  Not all drives can read all tapes.

Given the age, I’d recommend someone that does this professionally (and I
believe that includes Chuck).  I’ve worked with computer tapes for something
like 40 years, and I try to avoid 8mm tapes, though I prefer them to 4mm tapes.

Zane