> On Dec 30, 2022, at 12:00 PM, cctalk-requ...@classiccmp.org wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
> My 11/73 restoration has got to the point that I am loading stuff from RT11
> backups, and I have a lot of Saturn-calc and wp data that I would like to see
> again. My licensed copy and the manual are long gone!
>
> I downloaded some RX02 images posted by Mark Matlock, but the disks appear to
> be all zeroes where I expect the directory to be.
>
> Does anybody know of a source?
>
> cheers,
>
> Nigel

Nigel,
    I’ve been trying to find a working distribution for PDP-11 Saturn-Calc and
Graph for some years now. I had a licensed copy many years ago for RSX11M but
it no longer works. I do have a working copy of Saturn-Calc and Graph (but not
WP) for VMS on my MV3100-80 but not the VMS distribution.

    I have managed to contact the lead programmer that developed Saturn’s
software through a former president of the company. The programmer believes he
has a copy of the source code for PDP-11 and VAX on a CDROM that is in a
storage unit. He has retired overseas and come back home where the storage unit
is a couple times a year and I’m hoping he can find the CDROM on his next trip
back. I can keep you posted on our progress in trying to recover this software.
It helps that the programmer is interested in making the Saturn products
available as it may need to be recompiled or at least relinked to be compatible
with the newest versions of PDP-11 operating systems with Y2K etc.

     We thought we had it recovered a couple years ago when nine RX50 floppies
were found in Australia that were from a distributor that could be used to
generate new customer distributions, but there was no documentation and some
info was missing. Also, manuals for the Saturn products have not been scanned
so we are looking for them as well.

     If you had some specific Saturn Calc spreadsheets that you wanted data
extracted from, I might be able to help you with my working VMS version of
Calc. Saturn Calc was a great product that we used a great deal back in the
day. The Saturn Graph product supported VT340s with the mouse and could
generate plots a wide variety of HP and other plotters, printers, etc.

Best Regards,
Mark