THere were certain tape manufacturers and plastic/metal clip marks and wear
patters that were typical of certain types of drives reading certain types
of tapes.  Maybe high resolution photos of a few used tapes will reveal
clues.  A tape ejected 30 times will have certain patterns of wear in
certain places.  I have lots of different types of tapes, I am happy to
compare your used tape photos with anything I might have that would be
similar.
Not a guaranteed solution, but it might help narrow down candidate systems.
Bill