On 12/01/2023 00:58, h...@dec.dog via cctalk wrote:
> hello cctalk! i have been working for the past few days on a DECmate II with
> what i believe to be an ailing RX50. i have a gotek with updated flashfloppy
> firmware, but for some strange reason i have been completely unable to get
> the DMII to boot a floppy image from it.
>
> i have been trying to convert the OS/278 and WPS images on the dbit and
> ibiblio archives into a working format for the gotek but none of them will
> work. at this point i have tried too many conversions to recall but they all
> result in the same blinking floppy icon when the unit boots. i have “host =
> dec” in my FF.CFG per the wiki.
>
> has anyone else been able to get this working? if so, could you please
> provide known-good images for a gotek, or the steps to generate them?

I've used a Gotek (semi-successfully) with the DEC Rainbow using raw
image files and the following lines in ff.cfg:

host = dec
pin02 = low
pin34 = rdy

The image file format should not be important though you may run into
problems with sector ordering depending on how the source image was
created. It was the pin02 and pin34 lines that got it working for the
Rainbow.

Matt