On Wed, Jan 11, 2023 at 8:14 PM h...@dec.dog via cctalk <
cctalk@classiccmp.org> wrote:

> appreciate the reply, Matt! unfortunately it doesn’t seem that that did
> the trick, another round of feeding it disk images and it still doesn’t
> want to boot.
>
> i tried the block and sector RX50 images on the dbit[.]com archive both
> as-is and converted to IBM MFM raw and HxC formats, and the teledisk images
> on ibiblio[.]org converted to the same.
>
> my img.cfg:
>
> [rx50]
> cyls = 80
> heads = 1
> secs = 10
> interleave = 2
> bps = 512
> id = 1
> rpm = 300
> rate = 250
> mode = mfm
> iam = no
>
> should i start suspecting my gotek (or worse, the system board) or is it
> still possible that i’m at fault?

I don't think you want the interleave. At least for the Rainbow and the Pro
they did do an interleave of 2, but it was done at the logical level, not
the physical level (which is confusing). So, if the images are physical
images (that is, they record the physical sector numbers that are on the
media), then you don't need it. If the images are logical (so some or all
of the tracks have the interleave applied), then you will need it.

Also, I think should be 0. Unlike the PC, where 1 and 0 are flipped by a
cable (you have a straight through cable, right?), the top RX-50 is ID 0
and the bottom is ID 1.

Warner