On 1/20/2023 1:05 PM, Mike Katz via cctalk wrote:
Using the Greaseweazel is a two stage process.  The GW itself connects to the actual drive and just records the flux transitions as a series of zeros and ones.  This is transferred to a computer (PC, MAC, Linux) where the captured flux image is analyzed by a second program which understands floppy formats.  You tell the analyzer what you are looking at.

The analyzer can then provide a binary dump of the actual data (track by track) or for operating systems that it understands it can extract directories and files.