On Fri, 20 Jan 2023 at 19:52, Zane Healy via cctalk
<cctalk@classiccmp.org> wrote:

> I’m now aware of the GreaseWeazle, but what I’ve not seen is if it allows
> standard access to the data on a floppy, or only provides a way to image the
> disk.  With an USB attached 3.5” floppy the disk mounts on my Mac, and I can
> easily pull files off the disk.  Does this work with the GreaseWeazle and a
> 5.25” floppy drive?

Just FWIW, this was a FAQ and so someone has made a gizmo.

It's not cheap but it works, apparently.

https://shop.deviceside.com/prod/FC5025

It's read-only but it handles, in theory, DS/DD 40 track, DS/DD 80
track, and DS/HD 80 track.

It attaches to a PC floppy drive, so if a PC floppy controller can't
read the format without hardware assistance, this won't either.

An alternative method is described here:

https://blog.adafruit.com/2021/12/08/how-to-build-a-working-external-5-25-usb-floppy-drive-vintagecomputing-ibmpc/

--
Liam Proven ~ Profile: https://about.me/liamproven
Email: lpro...@cix.co.uk ~ gMail/gTalk/FB: lpro...@gmail.com