On Tue, Jan 31, 2023 at 6:53 PM Jim Brain via cctalk
<cctalk@classiccmp.org> wrote:

> I think (I might have mentioned it at the thread start) it was part of a
> plan for a school network.  Tandy offered a similar setup for schools
> for the Model 1/3/4 systems, where the "host" could send programs, and
> the clients would load from the common host system.

IIRC there was the Network 1 which was 500 baud M1/3/4 only,  and the
Network 2 which was very similar but could also handle 1500 baud M3/4
and Coco (and M100?). These used the casstte ports and allowed the
host machine to 'broadcast' a file (program) to all the student
stations or load a file from one student station at a time back to the
host.

If there had been a version using DLOAD then presumably it would have
been host to student stations only, so the teacher couldn't
save/print/examine a student's work.

There was the Network 3 which used RS232 ports on the M3 (and M4?) but
which required a ROM change in the student stations I think.

-tony