On 3/13/2023 8:12 PM, Paul Koning via cctalk wrote:
Gents,

I've been doing logic debugging (on a fairly primitive software defined radio I
designed back in 1999) with an old Philips logic analyzer.  It's not bad,
certainly fast enough (I need 100 Msamples/s, it can do twice that) and it's
more than wide enough (I need 32 channels).  But its capture memory is
microscopic so I struggle to see more than one or two transactions, and I need
to see more than that.

Some poking around shows various USB-connected logic analyzers for quite low
prices, and a number of them seem to have suitable specs.  I also ran across
sigrok.org which seems to be an open source logic analysis framework that can
drive a bunch of those devices.  Nice given that too many of them only come
with Windows software.

I suspect there are others that have not too expensive logic analyzers and
might be able to offer up suggestions or product reviews.

        paul

If you have 8 or 16 channels to watch, the Saleae units are absolutely incredible: https://www.saleae.com/

For more channels, I will admit I'm partial to old HP units, especially the frames.  I have a 16702A here, which I love.  I have 3 333MHz LA boards in it 68 channels per board, 204 channels overall.  It's not quite as trivial to use as the Saleae units, but it does offer remote access via X or VNC.

Jim

--
Jim Brain
br...@jbrain.com