From: Cameron Kaiser via cctalk <cctalk@classiccmp.org>
Sent: Friday, May 12, 2023 8:51 AM
To: Jon Elson via cctalk <cctalk@classiccmp.org>
Cc: Cameron Kaiser <spec...@floodgap.com>
Subject: [cctalk] Re: KIM-1 stuck bits from $280 to $29f

> If the failure affects the EPROM monitor,then any results you get from the
> monitor are suspect.

No, what I mean is, the appearance of the upper six bits being dead was because
of how the monitor shifts in data from the keypad. Since bit 2 was always zero,
it would look like everything above it was zero too because the bit shifts
carried the error forward. A direct brute-force step through showed the actual
issue and I should have just done that in the first place. The monitor works
properly everywhere else outside of those locations, including from the TTY.

  Cameron Kaiser * Floodgap Systems * www.floodgap.com<http://www.floodgap.com>
* ckai...@floodgap.com
-- Ninety-nine percent of lawyers give the rest a bad name. -------------------