On 5/18/2023 2:08 PM, Paul Koning via cctalk wrote:

As for loading in/loading out files from images, there’s likely at least something out there you can make use of. Even if there’s no host OS native software for writing directly to images, there’s almost certainly an emulator, which would work off disk images that can later be written to real hardware disks.
This is why I avoid MS products.  They don't offer stuff like that, which on
Unix is a perfectly normal operation available via dd or other ways.

cygwin has always been my friend on Wintel boxes.  dd available there and works just fine.  WSL can also be used, but cygwin has served me fine so far.

I guess, given the thread title, I should shamelessly plug that all of you with latent Commodore 8 bit disk images can use ZoomFloppy via a 15X1/or PET drive and a USB connection to put those images onto disks.  Grab one now from the store!

Jim