> On Aug 29, 2023, at 8:03 PM, Sellam Abraham via cctalk
> <cctalk@classiccmp.org> wrote:
>
> On Tue, Aug 29, 2023, 7:02 AM Gavin Scott via cctalk <cctalk@classiccmp.org>
> wrote:
>
>> On Tue, Aug 29, 2023 at 6:22 AM Peter Coghlan via cctalk
>> <cctalk@classiccmp.org> wrote:
>>> You reckon someone in Moscow is wishing they heard about this trick a
>> week ago?
>>
>> They instead chose the ever-popular Simplified Planetary Landing
>> Approach Trajectory.
>>

> The original moon landing utilized Ballistically Unrealistic Lunar Landing
> Simulation Hallucination Initiation Technology.

That reminds me of a story I heard at a course in the 1980s, from E.W.
Dijkstra.  It sounded very implausible except for the fact that he was the
source...

The story was that the Apollo flight software was validated against simulators,
as one might expect.  But some problems were encountered during testing that
were quite baffling, until someone realized that the sign of gravity was wrong
in one of those simulators.

Hm.