@Jonathan: Wow, amazing project  in creating the replacement NVRAM. You really
spent lot of time and efforts into that one. To attach the external battery I
took a X-Ray to know where to have access to the battery pins most easily - was
just 1 hour of work but far less cool of course! Thanks for sharing!

@Santo: MANY thanks for dumping your NVRAM - looks interesting. I must admit
that the plenty of 55 and AA look like lot of bits flipped from zero to 1
already (that is what happens with many memory chips) but yes, the lower
section is all zeros. I will give that one a try in the next opportunity! By
the way: What type of UltraBook was that from precisely (U14.....?)?