On 2/7/24 21:51, steve shumaker via cctalk wrote:
Greetings!

Based on the comment in a message posted last fall, I downloaded and installed the Overland Data Depot4 software that was mentioned during a discussion of SCSI tape tools.  But so far I've been stumped in getting it to work.   Basic system is a freshly set up Win98SE and an Adaptec 1522 SCSI board connected to a Qualstar 9track.  Depot4 installs and runs without issue but when I try to point it at the ASPI drivers it fails to recognize anything.  Any suggestions on where to look or what to tweak would be seriously appreciated!

Steve
I have all types of the original Overland Pertec controllers and none were SCSI.  There were drivers for those controllers, but nothing for any generic thing like ASPI that I encountered.

If this is for their tape libraries, that is way after my time.

Their utilities were great, handling a lot of scenarios and letting you configure for a lot of situations to save having to code and break up records yourself.

Not much use I guess, but Depot goes to the original programmed I/O, ATA, and PCI controllers.
thanks
Jim