> Did something happen to comp.os.vms and/or usenet?  All the DEC
 > newsgroups appear to be missing from Eternal September.

There has been a huge flood of spam originating from google, in various
newsgroups, for a few months.  I saw 15,000 one day in comp.os.vms
alone.  This problem has prompted google to drop usenet support from
Groups, which happened late last month.  (The existing posts are still
accessible, they claim.)  Many are largely happy about this change. ;)

It's possible this is related to your issue, though I see that someone
else managed to subscribe to c.o.v. on Eternal September, so perhaps
not.

Sadly, a lot of c.o.v. regulars were using ggroups to post.  Hopefully
they take advantage of one of the alternatives.

De