> On 03/30/2024 3:37 PM CDT Just Kant via cctalk <cctalk@classiccmp.org> wrote:
>

> Clearly all or virtually all chineseum, correct?
>
> That being the case, um, what type.of.quality can be expected? Some are
> fairly cheap. I guess thenworld isn't to be expected.

I'm not clear on whether you mean some specific chips or in general, but here
is my experience.
For things that are in current production or recently discontinued, I have had
extremely good luck with Chinese suppliers either from Amazon or Ebay.  For
things that are long out of production, such as 1802 (normal, not SOS) and 6502
processors, I've heard way too many horror stories so I look to ebay for new
old stock or used from US or sometimes European suppliers.  Again, I've had
very good luck.  In fact, I can't remember every getting any bad ones.  YMMV

Will

Grownups never understand anything by themselves and it is tiresome for
children to be always and forever explaining things to them,

Antoine de Saint-Exupery in The Little Prince