On Sat, Mar 30, 2024 at 5:11 PM Jonathan Chapman via cctalk <
cctalk@classiccmp.org> wrote:

> > Standard TTL 74XXX is drying up rather quickly. Futurlec still has some
> > TTL but 7404s are all gone. Even LS is hard to find.
>
> Ours comes from Mouser, between two part #s they have over 7,000 74LS04s
> in DIP packaging in stock. Didn't check ACT, HCT, or ALS. I don't think
> we've had a 7400 series part that we couldn't just order off Mouser in
> recent history, and we're usually buying QTY 100.

Yeah, I don't see much issue with 74LS right now.   Genuine 74F is getting
hard to find.

utsource used to be my reliable Chinese goto but a few years ago they moved
to this Amazon model where they allow other sellers to list items including
a lot who use names like "genuine utsource" and "real utsource store" with
no way to filter them out.

My last order with them just before Xmas was very poor (obvious remarks,
shipped items from cheaper sellers other than the seller I selected,
claimed a specific brand I needed but then sent totally different which had
known timing issues).   Their CS was maddening.  I ended up getting a
partial refund via PayPal.