On Mon, 1 Apr 2024, Just Kant via cctalk wrote:
I have more then I need. All the working ones are HP w/color crts, and as far
as older, verifiably vintage tools (right down to the 680x0 processor in
either) I have to admit I favor them as a brand. Call we an oddball, weird egg,
badges I wear with pride.
But who could resist the allure of the newer ultra portable, even handheld units (some with bandwidth or sampling rates to 50mhz). I'm a big cheapo. But there's no real reason to agonize over a 65 - 200$ or thereabouts acquisition. It's a bit tiring to wade through the piles of availability. I favor a desktop unit, larger screen (but not always, careful). But most of those need wall current I think? The convenience of a handheld battery powered unit obviously has it's benefits. I will always love and dote upon my color crt based HPs. But the damned things are so heavy, so unwieldy. Judy-Jude knocked my 54111d over, hit the paved floor, shook the house. And still works! Built to withstand an atomic bombardment.

I had a Tektronix 512,
and an NLS215 (battery powered portable) from a company that switched over to making Kaypros. I gave it away at one of the first VCFs.
I guess that the vintage ones are no longer adequate.

--
Grumpy Ol' Fred