In ‘81 FORTRAN77 was the first language I learnt, but it was BASIC that
started my IT career. I was writing programs at Griffith University for
various lecturers and research staff. This was before the uni even had a
dedicated Computer Science Degree.

If it wasn’t for BASIC, I’d probably be a High School teacher. What a
career change.

//m