Bring lots of business cards. Even if you aren't running a business, it's a lot better than standing there writing your contact information for everybofy that you want to stay in touch with.

paper, pens, pencils, post-it notes, stapler, duct tape, voltmeter, batteries, flashlight, cash, blank disks and memory cards, screwdrivers, vise-grips, hammer. Even if none of those fit in with your plans, those items will help enormously to deal with unexpected situations.

It isn't so much how well prepared you are, as how well you can adapt when needed. For example, one year at Comdex, we rented an seven foot by seven foot booth. A year later, at the show, the management realized that that little block of space was something that should not have been rented. So, they gave us a ten by ten. How to you make a seven foot wide back sign at least look like it fills a ten foot space? Home Depot for some aluminum angle iron, fabric store for drapes. Another time, when we had a 10 x 10, next to a couple who we knew well, we had to help them. He ended up in the hospital, but his wife was determined to do the show, anyway. So, we combine the two 10x10s into a 10x20, with only a "virtual" wall in between, and stuck the leads table with the imprinter, etc, in the middle.

We always had a tiny refrigerator in our booth. Handing Jerry Pournelle a cold beer got us a lot of free ink. Snack foods for hospitality and/or if things are too busy at lunch time to goget anything.

--
Grumpy Ol' Fred                 ci...@xenosoft.com