On Thu, May 9, 2024 at 8:53 AM Mike Katz via cctalk <cctalk@classiccmp.org>
wrote:

> This is an article on it but I still think it's total bunk:
>
> https://www.gcaudio.com/tips-tricks/cd-dvd-demagnetization/

"There is now research to suggest that demagnetization of computer discs
(including CD-ROM, CD-R, CD-RW, DVD, DVD-R, and other similar disc
media) *result
in reduced block error rates*."

It's still the same data coming off the medium, whether it has reduced
block error rates or not.

This is so comically horseshitient that I'm just going to go revolutionize
audio with bold new claims that I'm an Audio Shaman that can exorcise your
gear to clean it of the dark spirits that are haunting your audio signal,
introducing "audio ghosting" that possesses the listener and affects how
they perceive and therefore hear the music.  I will change the listener's
perception by spiritually cleansing their equipment.

For $9,999 (plus room and board in the most lavish local hotel) I will
visit you in person and conduct the ceremony in front of your setup.  And
change your perception.

Taking bookings now, don't wait as slots fill up fast.

Sellam