Mike Katz wrote:

> I'm sorry but you are misinformed about the HP-41C Calculator.

> The HP-41 was the first calculator that had Alpha-Numerics.

That is not true.

Technically, out of the box, it was the HP 9830.  Yes, it wasn't a handheld
calculator, and it didn't run on batteries(it was big and quite heavy and
required standard 115V AC power), but it had an alpha-numeric display(and
optionally a printer) that could be programmatically written to, and the
machine could accept alpha-numeric input and process it as such.

The HP 9820 had an alphanumeric display, and could be programmed to generate
alphanumeric prompts on the display, but I don't believe (off the top of my
head, I could be wrong) it had the capability to accept and process
alpha-numerics out of the box.

The HP 9820 and 9830 were introduced in June of 1972.  Seven years before the
HP-41.

-Rick
--
Rick Bensene