>With respect, I have studied the 1956 Royal McBee LGP-23 (and later -30) at
>length and found one could easily use this computer as a "personal
>computer".

I've not see one of these - that's a VERY early system! Sounds like it
could have been used for "personal" computing - but was it common and
inexpensive enough that "average people" could have one?

I just went on Ed Roberts claim to be one who coined the term "Personal
Computer" - I've not found any specific references to this term pre-dating
1975 ... but who knows! (I've not really looked that hard :-)

>One might find it pretty easy to program "Hunt the Wumpus" ...

Interesting reference.. My Altair eventually had a "North Star" MDC-A1
installed, this is a very early SSSD floppy disk system - a whopping 90k
per diskette.

When I created my Altair emulator (about 2003 IIRC), I made and included .NSI
(NorthStarImage)s of all the non-junk floppy disks I had at that time.
This included a couple "games" disks, and "Hunt The Wumpus" is there!

Dave Dunfield   -   https://dunfield.themindfactory.com