On 6/14/24 15:51, Jacob Ritorto via cctalk wrote:
Hi,
   Just got a real (Cipher M990 on TS05-emulating controller) tape drive
running and would like to make exact copies of some [9-track] tapes "to
guard against disaster."  Probably will also do some imaging, so bonus if
the candidate program can handle that too.

This is on an 11/34; I don't have a good q-bus tape controller yet or I'd
try it on uVAX with NetBSD or something less "exciting" :)

Anyone know of good programs to do this with only one tape drive?  Don't
care which operating system.

I used to do a lot of this sort of thing, I was the DECUS librarian of our LUG for a while.  I had some FORTRAN programs that duped tapes if you had two drives, and I also had programs that would dump a tape to a disk file, and then write it back out.  Fairly handy for making multiple copies of the same tape.

It looks like this program came off a VMS system, but I suspect it will likely compile on an RSX-11 system as that is what it was derived from.

Let me know if you have issues with it.

Jon