On Wed, Jul 17, 2024, 7:58 AM emanuel stiebler via cctalk <
cctalk@classiccmp.org> wrote:

> On 2024-07-15 08:04, Jonathan Chapman via cctalk wrote:
> >> I'm trying to do some organizing and came across a QED 993. Anyone have
> an
> >> interest in it?
> >
> > Is this that Xilinx not-quite-a-J11 board?
>
> Lots of Xilinx FPGAs :)
>
> http://bitsavers.org/pdf/quickwareEngineering/QED-993/QED-993-top.jpg

The MC68360 provides the SLU ports, only 4 instead of the 8 of a real
11/93, and runs the console boot and configuration firmware. (I have some
source code for the MC68360 firmware I got from an QED engineer).

There are settings to change some aspects of the host software visible CPU
type. I tried a few different settings but could never get RSTS/E to
install. I probably have some notes saved away somewhere with details,
although it might be quicker to set up the system again for experiments
than it would be to find my notes.