> On Jul 17, 2024, at 11:14 AM, Glen Slick via cctalk <cctalk@classiccmp.org>
> wrote:

> There are settings to change some aspects of the host software visible CPU
> type. I tried a few different settings but could never get RSTS/E to
> install. I probably have some notes saved away somewhere with details,
> although it might be quicker to set up the system again for experiments
> than it would be to find my notes.

That would definitely be interesting.  RSTS is pretty good about issuing error
messages when it sees something it doesn't like.  That assumes it doesn't
simply crash in the OS due to an assumption that's violated by the QED.  But
even then, a crash dump would give clues. Worst case it will require some code
reading to see what the code is expecting vs. what it actually gets.