On Tue, Jul 23, 2024 at 1:53 AM Eric Smith via cctalk
<cctalk@classiccmp.org> wrote:

> On Sat, Jul 20, 2024 at 8:08 PM Steve Lewis via cctalk <
> cctalk@classiccmp.org> wrote:
>
> > What I meant was that in the title of the book they use "digital computer"
> > and I wonder if there was ever a book describing a mechanical "analog
> > computer" - and what they might even look like.
> >

> I haven't looked for a book, but if you'll settle for Wikipedia:
>
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Differential_analyser

There is a book, although finding it might well be a problem, at least
at a sensible price

The title is 'The Differential Analyser' by 'J. Crank'. I have the
1947 edition on my bookshelf, it desribes the non-Meccano machine at
Manchester University with photos and somewhat technical informtion on
how it worked.

-tony