Sorry, should have specified...I don't use winblows that much, I would Like
those features on Linux.

think i installed something old on some operating system and it blew up when I
exceed some max for the old system.  long filenames, or special characters in
filenames, or something.  maybe that would be fixed now.

> > 3. file manager had features I maybe could find now but have not, such as --
> > tiling *or* cascading several directories, and dragging files from one to
> > another,
> > harder to set up with tabs or multiple instances of file manager.
> > --(maybe its fond memories, but I think I could) select several files and
> > sort ONLY
> > THEM, leaving the others unmoved, --sort on file extension, --sort with
> > wildcards (probably can, just my ignorance?) --show date and time even for
> > not
> > the last 24 hour files (I think I did find such a file manager, but it
> > lacked some
> > other critical functions, or crashed all the time.
> >

> You can still install the old File Manager
>
> https://github.com/Microsoft/winfile/releases
>
> You can use the corner dock to get four explorer windows
>
> > two really big plusses afaik only in linux:
> > --I can expand a subdirectory now without jumping completely to it, which
> > win
> > 3.1 could not do --also like that when attaching to an email, or opening, I
> > can
> > select from "recently used"
> >

> You can have Multiple Desktops ...

I have multiple desktops, but they are all the same UI.  my "wish" was to have
different UIs on different desktops, a big order, I realize, it requires some
underlying shared tool kit and being friendly with each other.