Unfortunately, museums are no longer a safe place for donated and rare artifacts. Paul Allen's heirs just want to keep their $17 billion for themselves.

See Paul Allen’s Living Computers: Museum article. https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/paul-allens-living-computers-museum-labs-will-close-permanently/