On 8/29/2024 8:11 AM, cz via cctalk wrote:
Unfortunately, museums are no longer a safe place for donated and rare artifacts. Paul Allen's heirs just want to keep their $17 billion for themselves.

Never have been. If there is one thing in life I have learned it's that the purpose of a museum is not to preserve history.

The purpose of a museum is to destroy history.

And let's not forget libraries.  I donated a book (Theological
Subject, another of my degree concentrations not computer related)
to the University library where I worked. It lasted about 5 years before it was no longer on the shelf or in the card catalog.

bill