Hi.

To get a CD of OpenOffice.org (OO.o), you will need to go to the Distributors
page at <http://distribution.openoffice.org/cdrom/index.html>. Then check for
a distributor near you, and make contact directly with them. Note that most
will make a small charge to cover their expenses in producing the CD.

> hi ive tried 3 times now to download the upgrade for openoffice, and was
> wondering if the CD is free if i request one or what?

But which upgrade? As at this time, there is no upgrade available. The current
stable version is 3.2.1. However, 3.3.0 is currently in th Release Candidate
(RC) stage, undergoing final testing. If it passes, then it will be released.
otherwise there will be another RC, until it passes the testing. Don't expect
3.3 Stable to be ready for another week  at least. Could be as much as a
month, but hopefully not.

There is another program around which is based on OO.o, currently in what we
call "beta" phase. That is the stage before the RC stage, and is less stable.
If you are currently using OO.o, particularly if you use it regularly,  then
I'd avoid the other one for now, as some users have reported difficulties
installing it (It won't install alongside OO.o, removes the current OO.o
install, fails to import the current profile and user settings etc.). Once
they sort these problems out, it might be worthwhile to take a look at it, but
until then there are risks that you should know about.

--
Alex Fisher

Co-Lead, CD-ROM Project

OpenOffice.org Marketing